- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Add the dry to the wet and mix them together being careful to not over mix. While there is still some flour showing, add 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips and 1 cup chopped pecans and mix the rest of the way.
2) Chill dough for an hour.
3) Mould dough into little balls and lay on baking trays. Sprinkle Fleur de Sel (Or other salt variations).
Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden at 350º.
Batch 1 – A little toasty as it was a little overcooked. A little too much salt sprinkled on top. Considering cutting down the amount of chocolate chips to 1 1/2 instead of two. Considering adding a little bit of oatmeal to it.
- 1 1/2 Chocolate Chips and 1 cup chopped Pecans to 2 cups Chocolate Chips
Chocolate Chip Cookies – Alton Brown’s #10
A friend from Portland’s Sister’s recipe (Thank you Emerald!)