Recipe make about 24-26 cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Add the dry to the wet and mix them together being careful to not over mix. While there is still some flour showing, add 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips and 1 cup chopped pecans and mix the rest of the way.
2) Chill dough for an hour.
3) Mould dough into little balls and lay on baking trays. Sprinkle Fleur de Sel (Or other salt variations).
Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden at 350º.
Batch 1 – A little toasty as it was a little overcooked. A little too much salt sprinkled on top. Considering cutting down the amount of chocolate chips to 1 1/2 instead of two. Considering adding a little bit of oatmeal to it.
- 1 1/2 Chocolate Chips and 1 cup chopped Pecans to 2 cups Chocolate Chips
Chocolate Chip Cookies – Alton Brown’s #10
A friend from Portland’s Sister’s recipe (Thank you Emerald!)
45 min wait for 5 people.
Great food and I would go back but I might rather go explore other newer places to give them a try then to keep coming back for more.
More to be added soon
3250 Main Street
Map of location
Great Food. I would go back again. More to be added later.
A nice relaxing summer morning, with great company and great food. A perfect way to start a lazy Sunday. Today, I decided to check out El Camino’s on Main St. The choice was made as gluten free options was necessary due to dietary restrictions.
After a short walk over from Broadway, we finally arrived at El Camino’s. It was a joint that I have always wanted to try since I walked by it a while ago. We had great service when we got in and we choose to sit outside so we could enjoy the great food as well as the great weather that we were having in Vancouver that day.
Looking at the menu options, we decided to go for the Tomatican Hash(Chosen as I really wanted to try something different and also to try their Hollandaise Sauce) and the Huevos Divorciados.