So here is my receipe for a very simple Kimchi fried rice for one. You can normally find kimchi in most Asian groceries and it is a staple in Korean cuisine. It has a tangy and spicy flavour.
Half an onion (chopped up to tiny bits)
Half a cup of kimchi (chopped up to tiny bits)
A cup of rice (cooked)
A clove of garlic(chopped up)
Soy sauce(I use Japanese soy sauce)
1) Put pan on medium heat
2) Add some oil and fry the onions
3) Add the garlic and fry till onions are clear
4) Add the kimchi and continue frying
5) Add a table spoon of soy sauce
6) Add the rice and toss until the rice is infused with the kimchi sauce
7) Fry a couple more minutes and add salt to taste (I used to add pepper but after talking to some of my Korean friends, I realized that they seldom add pepper to their food)
There you go, a very simple receipe for kimchi fried rice, modify the receipe as you like, adding fried ha on always adds great flavour.